The banana bun (a close relative of the über chic French twist) is the ultimate cool-girl style. It’s timeless, elegant and one of the most versatile looks—dress it up (it’s the perfect bridesmaid ‘do) or down (is it just us, or does it pair perfectly with a fuzzy fall sweater?)—so we’re thrilled it’s back and trending for fall.
Below is our version of the classic banana bun. Tuck in the ends for a formal vibe, or leave them out for a more casual look! Here's how it's done.
2. Pull all hair to one side and twist the top third inward, then secure with large bobby pins.
3. Roll the next third of the hair inward, slightly below the first section. Secure with large bobby pins, and gently pancake the bun for volume.
4. Roll the last section upward, and pin. Tip: For a more casual, daytime look, leave out about an inch of hair at the bottom.
5. Spray with a flexible hairspray, then Beachwave the front pieces once more if desired.
6. Brb. Trying this right now and every day this season.