How-To: Dutch Five-Strand Braid
We get it. Five-strand braids can be intimidating (because they’re SO cool!). But hear us out—they’re actually super simple once you break it down. And with a little help from our Braid Balm, which keeps strands smooth and flyaways at bay, you’ll be a pro in no time! Ready to wow everyone with your braiding skills? Here’s how.
1. Apply Braid Balm Pre-Braid Prep. Take a horseshoe section, and separate into 5 strands.
2. Bring the left-most section under, then over. Bring the right-most section under, then over.
3. Add hair from the left side, then repeat the pattern from the previous step. Then add hair from the right side, and repeat.
4. Continue until you run out of hair to add, then finish with a regular five-strand braid. Secure with an elastic, and smooth flyaways with Braid Balm.
5. Pancake the entire braid to add volume.