By now, you may have seen Lea Michele’s sleek and stunning, center-parted chignon she wore as she walked down the aisle before marrying Zandy Reich. What you may not know is that Lea asked Beachwaver inventor Sarah Potempa to create the perfect bridal looks for her wedding day (and Sarah totally delivered.)
“For the wedding, we wanted to create a look that could easily transform from the ceremony to the dance floor,” shares Sarah. “To do this, I prepped her hair with the Beachwaver Pro 1.25 to make the change quick and easy.”
Lea’s look for the ceremony was a classic, polished bun. “The center part and the simple lines of the low bun accentuated her stunning eyes and inner glow by opening up the face,” says Sarah. “The veil gently laid perfectly over the bun to feel effortless and flow nicely while she walked down the aisle."
Before the reception, Sarah swapped out the bun for a more playful Beachwaved ponytail to complement Lea’s flirty mini dress. Here’s how you can recreate each of the looks!
Look #1: Classic Chignon
1. Create a center part, and blow dry with a round brush, lifting at the root to create volume.
2. Create a roller set using duckbill clips.
4. Section the hair with Darby Clips, and curl each section away from the face with the Beachwaver Pro 1.25. Allow to cool completely.
5. Lift the roots, and spray with Second Chance Dry Shampoo for added hold and root volume.
6. Brush hair into a low ponytail with the On Set Pro Brush, and secure with a professional hook elastic to hold the ponytail nice and tight, then wrap a small piece of hair around the elastic and secure with bobby pins. Even though this will be covered with a bun, you will be prepared for when the bun is taken down for the party later! (Tip: to fill in and define any areas, use ColorWow Root Touchup)
7. Separate the ponytail into two sections. Twist the left section and secure with pins to create a twisted bun. Then take the right section, and twist it around the first section and secure to the base with more hair pins. Spray with a flexible hairspray to smooth flyaways. Tip: after spraying the flyaways, roll the can over to lock them down!
For a simpler way to create the look, use the Wrap Up!
Look #2: Party Pony
After the ceremony, all the prep above allowed Sarah to remove the pins, take out the bun and have the perfect ponytail to party (all in less than 5 minutes)! All she had to do was...
1. Remove the hairpins and unroll the buns.
2. Spray Great Barrier Heat Protectant Hairspray on the On Set Pro Brush to smooth out the ponytail.
3. Voila! Instant dance floor style.