We get it. Five-strand braids can be intimidating (because they’re SO cool!). But hear us out—they’re actually super simple once you break it down. And with a little help from our Braid Balm, which keeps strands smooth and flyaways at bay, you’ll be a pro in no time! Ready to wow everyone with your braiding skills? Here’s how.
Need to up your braid game? This impressive double waterfall braid will do the trick. Follow these six steps, and be instant #braidgoals!
1. Part hair on the side, and apply Braid Balm Pre-Braid Prep to one side. Take a small section from the hairline, and divide into 3 strands.
2. Start by creating a regular 3-strand braid (left section over the middle, then right over the middle). Start this braid again, but this time, drop the right strand, and pick up a new one next to the section you dropped, then continue braiding.
3. When you reach the left, add hair from the left side. Continue this pattern—dropping the right section each time and adding hair from the left.
4. When you reach the back of the head, finish with a regular 3-strand braid, and secure with an elastic.
5. Repeat this process again, adding each dropped strand of the original braid to the left-most strand of your new braid—creating a second waterfall braid directly beneath the first!
If you listen to the Elvis Duran show on iHeartRadio’s z100 New York, you might have heard Elvis and Co-Host Danielle Monaro talking about the Beachwaver this morning!
“Sarah Potempa came out with this amazing curling iron called the Beachwaver,” Danielle (who very well may be our #1 fan) shared on air. “You push a button…and it spins on its own. It’s so easy, and you get these beachy waves.”
Because Danielle is such a big fan, Beachwaver Founder Sarah Potempa stopped by the z100 studio to Beachwave her hair, and let her test drive some of our new Make Waves hair care products!
Want to try some of Danielle's styling essentials? We’re hosting a giveaway to give you a chance to win Danielle’s favorite Beachwaver Co. products—including a Beachwaver, Coast Pro Styling Iron, Braid Balm, Shubie Surf, BRB Blonde Purple Shampoo and Conditioner, and Good Vibes Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner! You can enter the giveaway HERE! Hurry! Ends Friday, August 2!
We’ll be on the Elvis Duran show’s phone tap all week long—every morning at 7:20am EST. You can listen in the iHeart Radio app (search "z100"). Be sure to tune in or listen below!
We love a good Beachwaver broadcast feature! So when we spotted the Beachwaver on Let’s Talk Live Washington, DC this week, we couldn’t wait to share the news!
ICYMI, beauty and wellness expert Grace Gold stopped by Let’s Talk Live Washington, DC to share her best summer beauty tips. Her favorite way to create the perfect summer waves? The Beachwaver S-Series Dual Voltage Beachwaver S1 and S1.25.